One the best things you can do for your blog and your online presence is create a Google + profile and link it to your blog and then link your blog to your Google+ profile.
But what happens if you want to claim authorship for a blog in Google and you realize that you already have another Google account under your name that you want to keep private?
Or if you want nothing to do with Google+ but Google has created a profile for an email or other Google account that you do not want to make visible?
Here is how to remove profile visibility in Google Search for Google accounts you want to keep private.
1. Sign into google with the profile you want to keep private
2. Go here: https://profiles.google.com/
3. If your profile is visible you should see a page that looks like this:
4. Choose to Edit profile
5. Scroll down
6. Click on line that reads Profile visible in search and unclick the box:
Your profile should now read Profile not visible in Search like below:
7. Save and exit and that should remove your personal profile from search.